It’s almost here. Can you feel the change in the air? That subtle scent of autumn? There’s just something about the way the sunlight looks, something about the feel of the air – even if it’s still warm out – that lets you know fall is on its way.
And of course, with fall on our doorsteps, we start thinking about preparing for cooler weather. Department stores are already luring us in with sweaters in rich autumnal shades. You may be thinking about getting your own fall and winter wardrobe out and ready to wear again, too.
But switching over to fall clothing doesn’t mean putting your pearls away for the season! Pearls can be the perfect complement to a sweater, whether it’s bulky and warm or sleek and fitted. You just have to know the right way to wear your pearls!
1. Pair a fitted, lightweight sweater with a multistrand pearl necklace. You’re already wearing a sleek sweater that shows off your sense of style – why not add pearls to make the fashion statement complete? Whether your sweater is low-cut, like the one pictured above, or one that keeps you warm right up to your neck, the dramatic sweep of all those long strands of pearls will catch everyone’s eye.
2. Wear a classic pearl necklace with a cardigan. Cardigans are simple, classic, and elegant – just like a strand of pearls! Put the two together, and voila! You’ve got a perfect match. You can always keep it classic with a white pearl necklace…but there’s no reason not to spice things up just a tad by experimenting with different pearl colors. Silver, gold, black, chocolate, or even pastel pearls look just as elegant, and add a touch of interest, too!
3. Dress up a chunky sweater with pearl stud earrings. Big, comfortable sweaters can be challenging to pair with jewelry. Keep it simple by adding just a touch of class with a pair of sweet pearl stud earrings. Even a casual hoodie can look that much nicer when worn with pearl earrings. And don’t stop with white studs – have fun playing around with colors to complement that sweater, as well.
4. Try a pearl bracelet with a short-sleeved sweater. Short sleeves are the ideal opportunity to show off your pearl bracelets. Wrap a long pearl necklace around your wrist for instant style, or add a pearl charm bracelet for fun. Or, for a more conservative look, try a classic strand of pearls clasped at your wrist. No matter what type of pearl bracelet you choose, it’s sure to stand out and garner compliments all day.
5. Don a chunky pearl necklace over a turtleneck. Add a trendy splash of color and interest to the blank canvas of your turtleneck by choosing a chunky pearl – or mother of pearl – necklace. With all the different colors, shapes, sizes, and textures of pearls and mother of pearl available, you’re sure to find one that pleases your eye and goes perfectly with your outfit.
So as fall approaches, don’t put away the pearls! If anything, you should pick up a few new pearl accents to pair with your warm fall styles. My Pacific Pearls is your headquarters for pearls to fit every season.